Hypnosis Training Video #490: How to Deal with Clients Who Sleep During Sessions & How You Can Stop Encouraging it!
HELP! I have a client who always goes to sleep in session!
In this video, Cal and I share some important tips regarding clients who regularly fall asleep in session.
Understanding how this happens and some simple technique modifications for prevention can make you a more effective hypnotist for all clients.
Here are the highlights from the video :
What hypnotists do that can cause clients to go to sleep :
- The hypnotist is talking too slowly.
- There's too much time spent deepening the client with suggestions for deeper relaxation.
- Not making the session interactive and asking for client input, such as responding verbally, nodding their head, or lifting a finger.
- Not utilizing a more progressive, modern induction like the 5-PATH Rapid Induction or the Time Tunneling Technique ™ which is an affect induced age regression induction.
How to interact with clients who regularly go to sleep in session:
- Understand that hypnosis is not sleep - and your client needs to realize this as well. It's a common misperception in the public for a variety of reasons, but in part the phrases 'you're getting sleepy', and movies that suggest hypnosis is a form of sleep.
- Learn to recognize if your client is sleeping. Note that snoring is not necessarily sleep.
- Ask your client if they regularly have issues sleeping during the day as well? It could be indicative of a deeper issue.
- Understand that some clients sleep as a protective mechanism - not because they're tired or sleepy. Sleep is one of our very first coping strategies as infants. And it's still very useful as a technique as adults as well - for example 'I'll sleep on it' can help our subconscious mind consider options and provide solutions. But it's not effective in the hypnosis office.
- Hypnotize quickly using an instant or rapid induction, like the 5-PATH Rapid Induction or the 8-Word Instant Induction.
- Use interactive and insight generating techniques with your client like Age Regression, Forgiveness Therapy, Parts Mediation Therapy, and Age Progression.
Watch the video below for details on "HOW TO DEAL WITH CLIENTS WHO SLEEP DURING SESSIONS & HOW YOU CAN STOP ENCOURAGING IT!"
Tell your friends about these great hypnosis training videos. Thanks!
I look forward to seeing you in class!
Let's help people lead better lives with hypnosis.
From my heart to yours,