Manage False Expectations in the Hypnosis Office to improve client success
Most clients will come to hypnosis with false expectations, and managing false expectations is critical to success with our clients.
False expectations are born out of the media's portrayal of hypnosis, stage hypnosis shows that give our clients ideas about hypnosis that aren't necessarily true, past experience with hypnosis, and other peoples experience with hypnosis.
Here is the important list of false expectations with clients:
- Client's previous experience with hypnosis : if your client has seen another hypnotist your approach may be different.
- Client's friends have had hypnosis before : your client may expect their session will be exactly like a friends.
- Movies, TV, and Stage Hypnosis : your client may have false expectations from movies, television, and stage hypnosis shows.
- Client's state or feeling that day : your client may believe they're too tired, too emotional, or not emotional enough to work with you.
- Client may be expecting failure : your client may be coming to you expecting failure - watch for this.
What happens if you don't manage these false expectations?
Your client will not achieve the success they want - these false expectations are false beliefs that keep our clients from being as successful as possible, so they need to be addressed.
These types of false expectations can come up at any time in the process - before the hypnosis session, during the hypnosis session, and even before you begin working with your client, so watch the video to learn how to fix these false expectations.